The Museum of Arts and Sciences will host Bug Day — an annual event and one of our most popular “Fun Family Days.”
Bug Day will feature close encounters with many types of bugs and insects from the Museum’s living collection in the Mini-Zoo, plus special bug-related exhibits, and activities.
Highlights during this Bug Day 2013 include:
- Dr. Jeff Burne, Professional Entomologist, with his amazing bug collection.
- Steve Nofs, Master Beekeeper, with lots of bee products and a special presentation.
- David Shoemaker, Junior Entomologist, who will share his expertise during a show entitled “Bugs in My Back Yard.”
- The ever-popular Amazing Roach Race returns and pits one hissing cockroach against another in a test of speed and agility.
- The “Fear Factor Feast” table, which will feature chocolate chirp cookies, buggy brittle, millworm presto, and other delectable treats.
- “Buggy” tattos, crafts, bug raffles, and more…
The Museum of Arts and Sciences gratefully acknowledges
the generous support of the following Sponsor of Bug Day 2013:
Date & Time: Jun 15, 2013 (10:00 AM - 4:00 PM) Location: Museum of Arts and Sciences Category(ies):
Search the site
The Latest News
The Festival of Trees festivities began on November 13, 2013 with the annual Festival of Trees Luncheon, … ...Read more »»
Staff at the Museum Store opens Santa’s Secret Shop just in time for the holidays. The shop at the … ...Read more »»
“Holidays Light the Way” is the theme in 2013 for the Museum’s annual look at cultural celebrations … ...Read more »»
One of the greatest discoveries since the T-Rex—a 48-foot long snake that weighs in at 2,500 pounds—Titanoboa … ...Read more »»
In collaboration with the Macon office of the Alzheimer's Association Georgia Chapter, the Museum of … ...Read more »»