Because it has a broad mission and desires to serve numerous constituencies, the Museum of Arts and Sciences presents an extensive schedule of changing exhibits, some of which are organized from the permanent collection by the exhibits team, with the remainder traveled by other museums or arts service firms or borrowed from private collectors.
The Museum offers special rates and programs for school, camp, adult, tourism, college and community groups, and for groups of visitors with disabilities.
Appointments are required for all groups visiting the Museum.
Guidelines for Visiting
The Museum of Arts and Sciences was created for the public benefit and belongs to all of us. Please help us to protect the art and preserve the collection for the enjoyment of future generations. To ensure that everyone enjoys their visit, please observe the following guidelines.
- Please do not touch the objects on display. The oil from your hands can damage the artwork.
- To protect fragile artwork, food, drink, and gum are not allowed in the galleries.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Museum.
- Please do not sit or stand on platforms or lean on cases.
- Please silence cell phones when entering the Museum as a courtesy to other visitors.
- Flash photography is NOT allowed, unless otherwise noted.
- Umbrellas, tripods, packages, and bags exceeding 13″ x 17″ cannot be taken into the galleries. They must be left in the coat check room.
- Parents should maintain supervision of children when visiting the galleries.
- Strollers are permitted, but may be restricted during peak times.
- Please follow any instructions of Museum staff.
Parking is free for Museum visitors in the Museum’s parking lot on Forsyth Road.
We make every effort to ensure that all visitors have a satisfying visit. Exhibits, programs, restrooms, and trails are handicap accessible. Wheelchairs are available at the reception desk in the main lobby.
For those who wish to bring lunch, picnic areas are available. Individual picnic tables and trash receptacles are scattered throughout the scenic grounds.
View the List of Events at the Museum
Search the site
The Latest News
In support of local and regional artists, the Museum of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce that … ...Read more »»
With great fanfare during the "Grand Reopening" celebrations, the Museum of Arts and Sciences relaunched … ...Read more »»
It’s no joke!! April 1 is "Cherry Blossom Festival Day at the Museum" The Museum of Arts and Sciences … ...Read more »»
Quilts, Textiles & Fibers is a three-gallery exhibition contrasting the traditional art of quilt making … ...Read more »»
A replica of a 1938 mural that once was installed in the Ellis Island immigrants’ dining hall is coming … ...Read more »»