Your support of the Museum’s Annual Fund ensures that thousands of families will benefit from high quality educational programs and special exhibits.
Since 1956, the Museum of Arts and Sciences has provided vital and innovative programming for the families of Central Georgia. Through an expertly planned curriculum that combines permanent and changing exhibitions and programs, students of all ages can explore, discover, and interpret objects through hands-on learning while enjoying the benefit of the Museum’s scholars and archive collections.
A key source of funding for the Museum is the Annual Fund—brochure available here— which keeps our programs strong and our admission and membership fees affordable for thousands of families. Gifts to the Annual Fund support:
- The Mark Smith Planetarium, fully renovated and now one of the nation’s most technologically advanced facilities, plus a full line-up of new astronomy programming;
- Award-winning traveling exhibitions like Dinosaurs & Ice Age Mammals and Wild Music: Sounds and Songs of Life;
- Sweet Gum Nature Trail and new Environmental Education programming at the Museum and Amerson Water Works Park;
- Macon’s only Mini-Zoo with more than 70 happy, healthy animals that perform daily live animal shows;
- An exceptional Permanent Collection that includes works by Matisse, Miro, Picasso, and Whistler, plus more than 1,500 paintings, ceramics, textiles, and other decorative and fine works of art;
- The region’s most valuable artifacts—nearly 7,000 scientific specimens ranging from Native American artifacts, rocks, minerals, and shells to butterflies, taxidermy animals, and fossils—including our fully reconstructed 40-million-year-old Zygorhiza whale fossil);
- A continuous series of Family Fun Days, special events, classes, lectures, workshops, and camps geared to meet specific educational needs.
Your support of this year’s Annual Fund ensures the Museum’s ability to remain a vibrant contributor to our community. As you make your year-end charitable giving plans, please keep the Museum’s Annual Fund among your priorities. Every gift matters! These dollars are spent in the same year they are received, making each year’s need for renewed support even more important. No aspect of the Museum is left untouched by your Annual Fund support. We thank you for helping us grow stronger!
Search the site
The Latest News
The Festival of Trees festivities began on November 13, 2013 with the annual Festival of Trees Luncheon, … ...Read more »»
Staff at the Museum Store opens Santa’s Secret Shop just in time for the holidays. The shop at the … ...Read more »»
“Holidays Light the Way” is the theme in 2013 for the Museum’s annual look at cultural celebrations … ...Read more »»
One of the greatest discoveries since the T-Rex—a 48-foot long snake that weighs in at 2,500 pounds—Titanoboa … ...Read more »»
In collaboration with the Macon office of the Alzheimer's Association Georgia Chapter, the Museum of … ...Read more »»