The 40 million year old whale fossil Ziggy, the colorful and whimsical “Gesturing Woman” by artist Viola Frey, and the nine-foot Polar Bear welcome you to our three-story Discovery House interactive museum, which features the adventure of interactive exhibits for exploring art, science and humanities.
- Jump, dance and move your body to make a beautiful painting in the Light Box;
- Enjoy learning about perspective en plein air in the Perspective Alcove;
- Observe your reflection in abstract form on the Domed Mirrors and draw it;
- Stop by the Monkey Box and say hello—stick out your tongue, they love it!
- Visit the Mini Zoo for a look at some of our living residents;
- Journey to faraway lands on the planet in the Map Room;
- Learn about and create a special project in the Drawing Room;
- Pen your own poetry and prose in the Poet’s Corner!
- Forecast the weather at the Weather Station;
- Search for fossils in the Archaeology “Ziggy” Dig;
- Look for constellations in the night sky on the Sky Map;
- Learn about the rules of gravity as the balls race!
Adjacent to our Back Yard, which contains forest, aquatic and desert habitats for the Museum’s live collections that live in the Mini-Zoo, the new Discovery House has so much more to enjoy now and we’ll expect to see you soon!
Search the site
The Latest News
In support of local and regional artists, the Museum of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce that … ...Read more »»
With great fanfare during the "Grand Reopening" celebrations, the Museum of Arts and Sciences relaunched … ...Read more »»
It’s no joke!! April 1 is "Cherry Blossom Festival Day at the Museum" The Museum of Arts and Sciences … ...Read more »»
Quilts, Textiles & Fibers is a three-gallery exhibition contrasting the traditional art of quilt making … ...Read more »»
A replica of a 1938 mural that once was installed in the Ellis Island immigrants’ dining hall is coming … ...Read more »»