The Museum of Arts and Sciences provides visitors with opportunities to get up close and personal with the Natural Sciences, any of the sciences—physics, chemistry, geology, or biology—that deal with matter, energy, and their interrelations and transformations. Featuring an array of permanent and special exhibitions, live programs, interactive displays and innovative field experiences that appeal to audiences of all ages, MAS encourages visitors to explore the natural world and their connections to it.
- Located inside the Museum, the Discovery House provides a variety of hands-on interactive displays that capture the imagination and learning experiences that encourage investigation of the natural world. This includes Ziggy, life-size Polar Bear, THE DIG, over 200 specimens of butterfly, and more.
- The Mini-Zoo, located adjacent to the Discovery House, houses the Museum’s collection of more than 70 live animals and offers many educational programs, camps for all ages and family-friendly events. This helps to make the Museum one of the most vibrant cultural and educationsl institutions in Central Georgia.
- The Nature Trail offers visitors a wonderful view of native plants and animals. The path, partially adjacent to the main parking lot, leads hikers by the Kingfisher Cabin (the writing retreat of Henry Stillwell Edward), an observation deck overlooking the pond, and more.
- The Mary’s Garden, inspired by the works of watercolorist Mary Hulgan, helps to foster an awareness of and appreciation for plant life. The easily-accessible garden, adjacent to the main parking lot and Nature Trail, features a beautiful variety of flowers, bulbs, and trees.
- Amerson Water Works Park, part of the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail and the only one of its kind in Central Georgia, features a canoe launch, miles of unpaved hiking and biking trails, bank fishing. It is a perfect setting for group events, including summer camps, staff retreats, group meetings, and family reunions.
Search the site
The Latest News
The Museum of Arts and Sciences received a grant through the Smithsonian Affiliates program called Youth … ...Read more »»
Camp Discovery at the Museum of Arts and Sciences opens the worlds of science, technology, engineering, … ...Read more »»
The Museum of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce that we are featuring works by Macon native Charles … ...Read more »»
Close your eyes and listen to the… melodies that begin each new day rhythms that fill our cities … ...Read more »»
The Human Gyroscope in the Museum's lobby is just one of the many new interactive exhibits the Museum … ...Read more »»