The Museum of Arts and Sciences hosted Bug Day — an annual event and one of our most popular “Fun Family Days” — on Saturday, June 15, 2013, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Bug Day featured close encounters with many types of bugs and insects from the Museum’s living collection in the Mini-Zoo, plus special bug-related exhibits, and activities.
Highlights during this Bug Day 2013 included:
- Dr. Jeff Burne, Professional Entomologist, with his amazing bug collection.
- Steve Nofs, Master Beekeeper, with lots of bee products and a special presentation.
- David Shoemaker, Junior Entomologist, who shared his expertise during a show entitled “Bugs in My Back Yard.”
- The ever-popular Amazing Roach Race returned and pitted one hissing cockroach against another in a test of speed and agility.
- The “Fear Factor Feast” table, which featured chocolate chirp cookies, buggy brittle, millworm presto, and other delectable treats.
- “Buggy” tattos, crafts, bug raffles, and more…
The Museum of Arts and Sciences gratefully acknowledges
the generous support of the following Sponsor of Bug Day 2013:
Search the site
The Latest News
Talented young artists from all around Georgia were featured in this traveling exhibition of winning … ...Read more »»
Beverly Buchanan, an African American artist who explores Southern vernacular architecture in her art, … ...Read more »»
The Museum of Arts and Sciences is pleased to present Black & Light, an exhibition that gives each … ...Read more »»
Deep in the middle of our Milky Way galaxy lies an object made famous by science fiction—a supermassive … ...Read more »»
The Museum of Arts and Sciences is proud to display Voyage Around the World, an exhibition of award-winning … ...Read more »»