MAS in the News
- The Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit cultural institution that opened in 1956.
- The Museum is a community resource of lifelong learning for everyone.
- The Museum is located on 14 acres in north Macon, Georgia.
- The Museum has 55,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space.
- The Museum’s outdoor grounds accommodate individual and group activities.
- The Museum is accredited by the American Association of Museums.
- The Museum is a Smithsonian Affiliate.
Information, Media and Photo Requests
For additional information about the Museum of Arts and Sciences, to arrange interviews, to request photographs and other images, or if you would like to be added to our mailing list, please contact Melanie Byas, Director of Marketing & Communications, at 478-477-3232 or mbyas[at]masmacon.com.
The Museum of Arts and Sciences is fortunate to have the support of the community and the media. The following is a list of selected items and articles published about the Museum and how it serves Macon, Central Georgia, and the greater community.
Search the site
The Latest News
The Museum of Arts and Sciences received a grant through the Smithsonian Affiliates program called Youth … ...Read more »»
Camp Discovery at the Museum of Arts and Sciences opens the worlds of science, technology, engineering, … ...Read more »»
The Museum of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce that we are featuring works by Macon native Charles … ...Read more »»
Close your eyes and listen to the… melodies that begin each new day rhythms that fill our cities … ...Read more »»
The Human Gyroscope in the Museum's lobby is just one of the many new interactive exhibits the Museum … ...Read more »»