MAS in the News
- The Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit cultural institution that opened in 1956.
- The Museum is a community resource of lifelong learning for everyone.
- The Museum is located on 14 acres in north Macon, Georgia.
- The Museum has 55,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space.
- The Museum’s outdoor grounds accommodate individual and group activities.
- The Museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.
Information, Media and Photo Requests
For additional information about the Museum of Arts and Sciences, to arrange interviews, to request photographs and other images, or if you would like to be added to our mailing list, please contact Melanie Byas, Director of Marketing & Communications, at 478-477-3232 or mbyas[at]masmacon.com.
The Museum of Arts and Sciences is fortunate to have the support of the community and the media. The following is a list of selected items and articles published about the Museum and how it serves Macon, Central Georgia, and the greater community.
Search the site
The Latest News
In support of local and regional artists, the Museum of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce that … ...Read more »»
With great fanfare during the "Grand Reopening" celebrations, the Museum of Arts and Sciences relaunched … ...Read more »»
It’s no joke!! April 1 is "Cherry Blossom Festival Day at the Museum" The Museum of Arts and Sciences … ...Read more »»
Quilts, Textiles & Fibers is a three-gallery exhibition contrasting the traditional art of quilt making … ...Read more »»
A replica of a 1938 mural that once was installed in the Ellis Island immigrants’ dining hall is coming … ...Read more »»