MAS in the News
- The Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit cultural institution that opened in 1956.
- The Museum is a community resource of lifelong learning for everyone.
- The Museum is located on 14 acres in north Macon, Georgia.
- The Museum has 55,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space.
- The Museum’s outdoor grounds accommodate individual and group activities.
- The Museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.
Information, Media and Photo Requests
For additional information about the Museum of Arts and Sciences, to arrange interviews, to request photographs and other images, or if you would like to be added to our mailing list, please contact Melanie Byas, Director of Marketing & Communications, at 478-477-3232 or mbyas[at]masmacon.com.
The Museum of Arts and Sciences is fortunate to have the support of the community and the media. The following is a list of selected items and articles published about the Museum and how it serves Macon, Central Georgia, and the greater community.
Search the site
The Latest News
The Festival of Trees festivities began on November 13, 2013 with the annual Festival of Trees Luncheon, … ...Read more »»
Staff at the Museum Store opens Santa’s Secret Shop just in time for the holidays. The shop at the … ...Read more »»
“Holidays Light the Way” is the theme in 2013 for the Museum’s annual look at cultural celebrations … ...Read more »»
One of the greatest discoveries since the T-Rex—a 48-foot long snake that weighs in at 2,500 pounds—Titanoboa … ...Read more »»
In collaboration with the Macon office of the Alzheimer's Association Georgia Chapter, the Museum of … ...Read more »»